21 October 2014

Black and Orange

Hi Everyone, as GD I saw that I could use another of Deedee's images, however, I have done a bit of playing in PS and have achieved something I haven't done before, nothing new on that front LOL.

I used the original image, clipped to a circle, added a layer mask to show the cat only, and a graphic pen filter, this way I left the original layer whole, but made the rest into a, shall I call it a "line drawing?"  I have to say this was all in "playing" I didn't know what I would come up with and something I hadn't done before, but I love the effect.

I then had to do something with it, I searched my files and came across one I hadn't used before, not unusal, as I have more than I should have!  The cutting file is by Krewella Kreations here. The paper is also from KK. I changed the colour in PS to match the card. I changed the sentiment from the file too, as I found this freebie (no longer available) by When the Scrap Hits the Fun blog, and liked it,  after cutting out I added 3D gloss to the nose and eyes of the cat and paw pads then added ribbon.



http://www.fairytalestamper.blogspot.de/2014/10/challenge-46.html Something New - 1. new use of PS filters. 2. Digi is new 3. Haven't used the cut file before, so I suppose that is new too.








7 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and design,hugs xx

Bonnie said...

This is such a cute kitty and I love all the paw prints! I think it's so amazing that you do all this in PS! I can barely edit a photo!

MaryH said...

Faith, Saw your neat card at DeeDee's challenge earlier today, but just now have time to do some visits. I'm reading and thinking "How does she DO that?". I play & it sure doesn't turn out this way! This is one fabulous card using the image, and I love what you did to make it all your very own. I can see that DeeDee was very pleased with your results, and I totally agree. Well done!!! One of these days you'll have to come across the pond and give me some lessons. I'll give you free rooms & board!!! TFS & Hugs

Shirley Young said...

Anything with cats wins me over and this is so cute Faith. Your P S effects look great.

sweet art designs said...

Love the design, love the added paw prints. Thank you for sharing with Fairytale Stampers - Myrna (GD)

Tracey said...

Wonderful card :o)
Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Unknown said...

cute card.Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenge #72 Halloween or lots of Orange.

Anuja - Simply create too Design Team member
craftcollage.blogspot.in