25 April 2015

The Blue Lady

This week on Create with TLC Paulette gave us a printable freebie, which when I saw it reminded me of a picture my Mother always had in her "best room". It was a beautiful painting by Renoir and I always loved it. Renoir's painting is now housed in the National Museum of Wales. Which means it's only about 40 minutes from me, I can't believe I've never seen the original. I think that's a visit calling me.

I have put them side by side, which I suppose is not good for my attempt to give the printable from TLC a different look. I added this sentiment from TLC, as I thought as it being an old lovely memory, it is a high value.


5 comments:

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic work on this lovely "Blue Lady," Faith! Isn't it fun when things bring back warm childhood memories?

Sue said...

Wow Faith absolutely stunning card! sorry about not visiting but this laptop is driving me nuts!!!! lol huggles Sue xxx

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous Faith and a wonderful sentiment too.

Pamellia said...

Wonderful image Faith, it looks so museum-ish!! Is that a word?? Love the sentiment, so true, so true! big hugs :)

Pat K said...

Fabulous vintage creation. Such a beautiful image and great sentiment too. Pat K x