15 October 2015

Door Home

Hi Everyone, a Deedee's DT card for the Crafter's Cafe challenge  the theme is black/orange/purple and didn't have to be a Halloween, so thought that's good, as I don't send Halloween cards, except to one of our neighbours who makes a big thing of it with their children, and I have already done one for them

 I digress - my card was decided about when I saw that one of the Team had used an image I hadn't seen before, (the wreath) so I thought I would use it and join it with one that I have used a few times, (the flower pot) so handy when you have ready coloured and outline images, to enable colouring any colour you want in the kits Deedee draws. I'm rambling today LOL.

Anyhow, I used a cut file of a door, and a die cut of leaves, then used print and cut on the Cameo for the wreath and fussy cut the flower pots, (I forgot to print from the Cameo duh!) I used a wall embossing folder for the background. Oh! yes I coloured the images in PS, but coloured over them with my Spectrum Noirs to add more colour and shading. I have to say I am quite pleased with how the colours look together, quite different from Halloween.


Images Deedee's Digis
Door cut file Krewella Kreations
Leaves and sentiment oval Tonic dies.
Craft Creations Dry Wall Embossing folder.

http://www.craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/halloween-decoration-challenge.html  Halloween Decoration - hopefully.

http://fattastictuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/13-october-challenge-107-anything-goes.html  Anything Goes - Yep!

7 comments:

Shirley Young said...

It's a lovely card Faith and like you I don't really 'do' Halloween but I know that we will have lots of little visitors on the night so have stocked up with some sweeties !!

Céline said...

gorgeous card
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

MaryH said...

Terrific use of the digi to create your welcoming fall door. I have never tried the print & cut, and it's something I'd like to learn...some awfully cute designs. I love the brick emboss behind that pretty door, and your purple/orange/black scheme looks so pretty in this fall design. Well done, you! TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

This is a wonderful interpretation of the colors in the challenge! I love the vines growing over the top of the door! Pretty card!

Bonnie said...

Wish my front door looked this pretty! I love how you've used these colors for something other than Halloween!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute card!

NanaConnie said...

Love this card design, Faith, and your color combo is perfect. Really beautiful with the splashes of color against all the white in the background.