26 May 2016

Rose frame

Hi Everyone, I had my Cameo out to cut one of Shirley's cut file templates for a change, she generously gives out freebies on her blog and I don't use enough of them. I intended to use this a different way, but it cut out so well I decided to just put some paper behind, Shirley even supplied that in her file, but I wanted dramatic! so used a different one and then it was finished.

I added gems and some metallic wax rub, I have had for years. It has given the black a lovely coloured sheen as you can see in the close up. Sorry the main photo is at an angel, but the straight on one was blurred! and I wanted to get this posted.



 DP paper by Debbie More Art Deco Rome CD.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

That's really lovely, Faith! :o)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This IS a gorgeous die cut using your Cameo. The shine you added and the dramatic contrasting colors served it well. WOW!

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Faith, such an elegant design - a stunning card.
Pauline
x

Linby said...

I love it - very Charles R Mackintosh - I aren't download any more of Shirleys freebies as I haven't used the ones Ive got!

NanaConnie said...

This is wonderful, Faith. What a fab die cut and that background is gorgeous! Great choice.

G Peplow said...

Looks great to me Faith, real drama, well done :D Hugs Gay xx

MaryH said...

It's just gorgeous, and amazing die cut. Aren't you clever to do this with the cameo. Love the jewels in the pretty flower & the 'window frame' is very unique. The shimmer on the black shows well in the enlarged picture. No clue as to your original plan, but this one turned out super. TFS & Have a great wkend.

Shirley Young said...

Just catching up after our holiday. Great to see your take on the template Faith, the metallic rub gives a lovely effect along with the gems. Thanks for the plug too xx

Colette said...

Faith this is stunning. Perfect for a male birthday, the colours are spot on. Love the metallic rub too. x