25 July 2016

Spaceman in a frame!

Hi Everyone. Firstly I have to say thank you to my new followers, I appreciate your support and your encouragement to me, I hope you will like what I have for you. Big hugs to ALL of my followers, you Very Special people, who share my blog and the things I attempt.

Now onto what you have come here for. My son wanted me to colour a "manga" image for him as he loves the images. I have done this for his 40th birthday which comes up in a couple of weeks. I went online to see what I could find and found this. He is a "gamer" so this is just up his street. He rarely visits here, so he shouldn't see it.  I HOPE! LOL

You know I colour digitally which I love to do, but this was out of my scale completely, it was so very detailed. Luckily the artist (Link below) had painted it, so I attempted to copy his work, "attempted" being the operative word. I got nothing like the detail he had, but I was happy with it.

I have learned a lot about digital colouring with this, BUT so much more to learn. I used 25 layers and LOTS of hours to get this effect, I should think the artist probably used at least 3 times that.

The background frame was done with assorted PS brushes, which were colours picked up in the painting. Hope you like this VERY different project. I've added the photo and the original painting, as the details are not good, because of the glass reflection. (I tried every room in the house and outside to get a decent photo)





The image is from Joverine at Deviant Art. 
Starcraft and all related elements copyright © Blizzard Entertainment
Image copyright © UDON Entertainment










14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fab creation for a guy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shirley Young said...

You've done an amazing job Faith, it looks brilliant and I'm sure your son will love it xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Faith...I think it's as good as the original. Well done you. Although I use Photoshop I have never tried digitally colouring anything...might have a little go now I've seen what amazing results you can get. x

Mac Mable said...

In a previous life I used to teach PS so I know the work that has gone into this...it is magnificent! Such a lot of work and fabulous colouring, techniques etc. I don't do digi's but after seeing this I may re-kindled my PS and give it a go! Thank you for sharing and I really do appreciate this card x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what a fabulous guy creation!! Love it
Cheers
Dr Sonia

MagsB said...

This is incredible, Faith! The image looks fantastic!

love Mags B x

Hetty said...

Great guy card. The time you spend on it sure pays off.
Your son will love this.

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Faith, you have coloured it perfectly - you are so clever at digital colouring.
Pauline
x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh My Gosh....breath taking. Again I ask how you learned the art of PS....I'm so not there! He is going to love and cherish this!!!

Pat K said...

Absolutely amazing work Faith....I LOVE IT. Pat K x

Kate said...

Wow!! This is amazing, Faith!! What a fabulous gift for your son! Your digital colouring is incredible. I'd love to visit and get some lessons from you!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I really am not that good to some people, I still have a lot to learn, but thank you for your lovely comment. xxx

Nancy said...

That is VERY cool! You certainly have skills with that PS! :o)

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Awesome card! Very nice work! This is brave coloring! Don't you miss pink? :)