14 April 2017

60th birthday card

Hi Everyone, firstly I have to say thank you to my new followers, my apologies for not greeting you before, but I haven't as many followers as some of you, so never look at the numbers - head hanging in shame! I hope you enjoy your visits here and I keep you interested, a GREAT BIG WELCOME for joining me.

My card was for my Niece, who visited on her birthday weekend, she lives 4 hours or more from us, so thankfully I didn't have to post the card and box I made for it. I wanted to add lime green somehow as she loves the colour, this was the nearest green, she liked it, so that was OK.

She is the Mother of the daughter who is adding to the family, card here. the news conveyed to her in a box, on a parchment roll, in a restaurant and her reaction filmed, by the soon to be Mum. She looked at the parchment in her hand, looked at her daughter then screamed, lovely to see, but embarressing for her daughter who kept saying shhhh Mum. LOL. She said she couldn't have had a better present.

Apart from the insert, the card was done without the need for a 'puter! SO different for me LOL.

Paper was in a paper pad bought from The Range
I used 1 sheet of the double sided 12 x 12 for the 8 x 8 card
Dies by Tonic
Embossing folder Embossalicious
Numbers free die from Magazine
Ribbon Hallmark
Sketch MOJO 242

12 comments:

NanaConnie said...

This is absolutely spectacular, Faith! Wonderful dp choice for the piece behind that delicate die cut and that bow is magnificent!

cotnob said...

A pretty card Faith, such a gorgeous bow.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shona Erlenborn said...

How elegant and rich! That bow is stunning. A luxurious card for sure!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Oh this is so beautiful! The bow is wonderful!!

Shirley Young said...

Lovely and delicate Faith and Happy Easter xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and what a great way to find out you are going to be a granny!,

MaryH said...

You excel even without PS & PC! I like this one very much. Lovely layering with pretty colors, die shapes and embossing. That gorgeous bow just makes this one sensational! TFS & Happy Easter

Hetty said...

Totally beautiful card and what a great bow.

Linby said...

wow! What a lush bow, you tied it so expertly. Lovely card too.

Kate said...

Such a gorgeous card! The bow is simply beautiful!! And what a wonderful story of how your niece learned that a grandbaby is on the way!

wannabcre8tive said...

So stunning. I love the fab bow and the beautiful frame.

Brenda said...

Faith don't hang you head, I do that same thing and rarely pay attention to my follower numbers. Sad, but true. Numbers don't mean as much as comments and comments don't mean as much as seeing how many has visited in a days time and not leave a comment. lol Just the way I am. I appreciate all my followers so very much, but number wise, it doesn't matter to me. I hope that doesn't sound cold!! I love how they surprised your niece with the announcement of the baby! But can imagine the embarrassment of the grandma, your niece. Hey, when we are excited we get loud and she was justified! lol Love her birthday card and love that you didn't use the computer to make it. It is stunning, the pattern paper is just beautiful and that big bow is stunning! Sorry I am behind in my commenting Faith, but I will get caught up here sooner or later! lol Hugs, Brenda